Our Family

Casey and I have been married over 12 years! Casey still loves to cheer on his BYU Cougars and the Utah Jazz and I have time I love to squeeze in my Photography and running. These are some snap shots of our busy life with our 4 children. 2 girls and 2 boys!

October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch, Northwest Style

Photobucket


Nathan's pre-school was going to the pumpkin patch last Friday. With Olivia's lovely kindergarten schedule she didn't have school, so I was going to be taking Nathan, Cody, and Olivia. Brooklyn didn't want to be left out, so I let her come also and take a day off school.
All Thursday night it just down poured into Friday morning. Callie called and asked if I was still going because it was SO wet. We decided to stick with the plan and go brave the patch.
It was just as muddy we thought it would be. The kids had fun on the hay bale maze, in the barn. We sat on wet bales of hay on the tractor ride to get our pumpkins. When we got to the pumpkins most were rotten or HUGE. So we walked forever to find one for each kid, that they could carry. I had to hold on tight to Cody so he didn't slip and fall in the mud. We almost made it until Cody slipped and landed flat on his back in the mud. He was like a turtle. I picked him up and dragged him while I carried a 30 lb pumpkin in the other hand, hoping no one else fell. To get back on the trailer we had to step in 3 inch mud.
So, I only got a couple pictures, I kind of had my hands full. But we go out of there without any tears, and that is something!
We went home and had lunch and hot coco. If you live here you'll never do anything if you wait for it to stop raining!

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Cody disappeared and this is where he was. He found the snack stand. Of course!

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Hill Family said...

Mud is a fun thing for a kid!!

Anonymous said...

great pics. at the farm! your shots were a perfect colection of the day. Yum, Yum, Cody. love, mom